|One of the many gorgeous Georgian supra (banquets) we had|
|Visiting a qvevri maker in Georgia (qvevri are the ceramic vessels essential for the distinctive Georgian winemaking technique, most notably prolonged skin and stalk contact)|
1. Georgia, as in, the country, especially the meal at Culinarium and trying natural, native wines at Vino Underground.
|rack of goodies at Ploughman's Bakery, Okinawa|
3. Ploughman's Bakery bread, Okinawa. (More in my stories for Hong Kong Tatler Dining and AFAR Magazine.)
4. Hide rice, in Ureshino, Saga, on Kyushu island. (Blog post here.)
5. Tokado Coffee, Fukuoka - a coffee from Mare Blanche in Haiti.
|At the truffle festival in Alba|
6. Alba/Piedmont - Da Gemma, the truffle festival and Piazza Duomo (which is open for Sunday lunch during the truffle festival and makes for an excellent day in Alba.)
8. Nahm, Bangkok. The entire meal was a triumph.
9. Madera at Rosewood Sand Hill, Northern California, especially the breakfast fried potatoes and roast duck, and touring the market with Madera's passionate chef, Peter Rudolf.
10. Khua Kling Pak Sod, Bangkok.