Things you might like to know:
- I like to eat. A lot.
- I like to ramble. A lot.
- None of the meals written about on this blog are sponsored by the establishment concerned or those with an interest in the establishments. (They may, however, be sponsored by my dad etc.)
- 99% of the time the restaurant doesn't know me, and the fact that I blog. Deviations from this will be stated clearly in the post.
- I'm a writer and editor, specialising in food, travel, lifestyle and culture. For clips and more details about my professional work, please head this way.
- I don't proofread my blog posts. (I proof a lot for work, give me a bloody break!)
- I'm Cantonese by heritage, a Hongkonger by birth, and a naturalised Australian because my parents
like Australian wine, lamb and beeffeared what the Commies would do to us after 1997. Also, although English is my first written language, things can sound clumsy sometimes. Like now. Sort of. Maybe.
- If you found this through my very old posts (2004-ish), I apologise. I sound like an ignorant prick and a half, but I've kept those posts as a reminder that everyone has an embarrassing period of their lives and if you can't get past it, then well, you might as well have a permanent stick up your backside.
- Around April 2013, I changed my byline (for published work) to "Janice Leung Hayes".
You look/sound familiar. Have we met before?
Maybe on my old blog, or even older blog? Read more about this blog here.
Oh, and my profile pic is of rolled pork roasts from a fantastic kopitiam called Yut Kee in Kuala Lumpur (everyone seems to think they're loaves of bread or chocolate croissants - which, as it happens, I also love).
Where are you?
Allow me to address this as a two-part question.
i. Physically and usually:
for about 15 years now... on and off.
ii. Virtually and almost eternally:
What's your favourite food?
I can't really tell you. No, it's not some secret. I can't tell you because I don't know. When I was 16 I had uni (sea urchin) for the first time. I hated it and thought it tasted like soap. Ten years on, I'm addicted. Maybe twenty years on I'll hate it again.
How can I contact you?
Leave me a comment on the blog, tweet/FB me, or email: janice -at-
I would like to get in touch about promoting my business...
Please read this before getting in touch, thank you!
What does your alias mean?
My name's Janice, but my childhood nickname was Ting Ting, which comes from my Chinese name. And I like to eat, hence e_ting.
Who designed your blog header?
The awesome header design was updated in June 2013 by Ignacio Garcia of Tangram.