5 Course dinner
All for 1 fantastic charity
For 1 night only, 5 food writers will be paired with 5 chefs and put to the ultimate test – serving a 5 course dinner to 125 critics at The Salted Pig!
Who are the critics? Well, you, the public of course.
You will be invited to “crit” each course on its merits - a turning of the tables so to speak - and a challenge for our favourite food critics to eat their words!
It is all for a bit of fun, of course (you can even watch us bumble about in a commercial kitchen from live cameras in the restaurant), and, most importantly, it's to raise money for local food charity Foodlink, to alleviate food wastage and hunger in Hong Kong.
The 5 teams are (in order of course/dish appearance):
- Alicia Walker of Foodie Magazine with James Black of The Salted Pig
- Janice Jann of Time Out Hong Kong with Arturo Melendez of Chicha
- Janice Leung Hayes (that's me!) of e_ting with Anthony Fletcher of The Pawn
- Adele Wong of HK Magazine with Jason Black of Shore
- Ale Wilkinson of The Dim Sum Diaries with Gregoire Michaud of Bread Elements
And check out the fantastic auction prizes, including:
- A pastry and bread master class for 10 people with Gregoire Michaud and his team at Bread Elements
- A rooftop dinner cooked by Anthony Fletcher at The Pawn
- A meat cooking class for 10 people with Jason Black at Pantry Magic, with a little goodie bag for each person from Pantry Magic
- A HK food tour led by me, as part of Little Adventures in Hong Kong
- A cheese and wine pairing for four people at the Caprice Cheese Room at the Four Seasons Hong Kong
- A $1000 gift voucher for dining at Yardbird
- A two-night stay for anyone visiting HK at the J Plus Boutique Hotel in Causeway Bay
- A custom-made chef uniform by Chefworks
- A blind date with the gorgeous Ale Wilkinson of The Dim Sum Diaries
|That's me in my Chefworks uniform! (Just trying it on for size, not my team "colour" hehe)|
Tickets are available for purchase from today onwards exclusively at The Salted Pig, 2/F, The L Place, 139 Queen's Road Central, Central.
Proceeds from the evening will go to Foodlink.
Additional beverages will be available for sale during the evening to the thirsty!
Date & time: Monday June 24, 2013, 7pm
Location: The Salted Pig, 2/F, L Place, 139 Queen's Road Central, Central
Tickets: $888 each, including a matched beverage for each course (you can buy additional beverages at the restaurant) All proceeds will go to Foodlink.
Buy tickets at: The Salted Pig, 2/F, L Place, 139 Queen's Road Central, Central.
Tickets are limited, so purchase now now for a communal evening of food and fun!
View e_ting in Hong Kong in a larger map